Time definitely flies when you're having fun! It's hard to believe that today is my 1-year blog-a-versary (is that a word?.....probably not). 1-year ago today I started this blog with much encouragement from my friends and here I am a year later having met so many wonderful and talented people and feeling like I am truly part of a community.
It's amazing to me how this blog has evolved over the last year. Click here to read my very first post EVER!
What have I learned from blogging over the last year?
- Blogging is truly a community
- There are so many wonderful and talented people in this world
- Blogging is a lot of work
- Blogging is totally rewarding
- Blogging is addictive
- It's so important to blog about something you are passionate about
- There are many different ways to create the same thing
- Blog when you have something to say, not just because you feel like you should be blogging
- Good pictures are key
- It is so important to stay true to yourself, your design style, your passions, your interests, ect.....if people like it, they will stick around.
- Never start a blog because you want to make money - blog because you love it.
So here is what I am offering to you...........
8 Half Yards of Heather Bailey's "Nicey Jane"
So I'm not necessarily going to tell you which prints I will be sending, but it will be a total of 4 yards (8 half yard cuts) of the prints shown above. This is my very favorite fabric collection, so this means I really love you guys......like, really, really, really.........
There are three ways to enter (leave one comment for each entry).
1. Leave me a comment and let me know what blog posts you enjoy the most here on "The Cottage Home".......sewing, crafting, recipes, tutorials, family. Or simply let me know why you became a reader.
2. Follow "The Cottage Home" and leave me a comment. If you are already a follower, please leave me a comment and let me know (thanks, by the way!)
3. Become a fan of "The Cottage Mama" on facebook (click here). Leave me a comment and let me know that you "like" me. We have a great time over on facebook.........come join our community!
This giveaway will be open until next Wednesday, October 13 (will close at midnight central standard time). Winner will be chosen via random.org.
So again, thank you so much for making this last year of my life truly amazing. I seriously value each and everyone of you and the sense of community that has developed here on my blog, The Cottage Home.
Here's to another great year!!